“Overlooking the 3rd fairway and enjoying refreshing breezes, Sugar Water is a fully furnished nad equipped home designed and built with the environment clearly in mind. This eco-friendly home using the highest quality sustainable, recycled and energy efficient materials. Landscaped with mostly of edible plants and only organic environmentally friendly products are used.
This is truly a house in harmony with the planet. Siting on over 25,000 square feet, this 4,634 square foot one floor home with an additional 3,225 square feet of unfinished space at the basement level.. It has four bedrooms, all ensuite and a powder room for guests. The open concept kitchen, living and dining areas as well as a covered outdoor sitting area, make this a perfect home for either entertaining or family.
The large heated pool is perfect for swimming lengths or just cooling down. A wine cave built into the cliff face is perfect for storage or tastings.
The following items have been incorporated into this eco-friendly home:
- Includes a 5 kilowatt photo voltaic electric system, attached to the grid.
- Site is oriented to allow for the free flow of air making air conditioning unnecessary.
- Zero VOC paints used throughout.
- The pool uses a saline system which is healthier for the skin and eyes.
- The pool runs on solar pumps and is heated by energy efficient heaters run off a separate solar system.
- All floor and deck tiles are made from recycled material.
- The roof trusses are fabricated from recycled content steel and is rated to withstand winds of 130 mph, the shingles are made from recycled material and have a 50 year warranty.
- All joinery and furniture is made from certified sustainable farmed lumber and has been locally sourced.
- LED lighting is used throughout.
- All kitchen appliances are stainless steel high end and high efficiency.
- All cabinetry is top quality and the kitchen counter features a butcher block that is recycled from a mahogany tree felled by hurricane Tomas.
- Drive way is paved with brick pavers.
- Equipped with DC room fans in all rooms for maximum efficiency and air flow.
- Low volume showers and toilets are in all bathrooms.
- Solar water heating.
- Built with a 5,000 gallon rain collection water storage tank used for the fully automated drip irrigation and pool level maintenance.
- A 3,500 gallon water storage system, supplied either from the local water authority or by pumper tank, ensures a constant supply of potable water.
Property is completely enclosed with an electric gated entry. Security is provided by Apes Hill Club.